NORTH BRUNSWICK TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL
“Equity and Excellence” – “We Are North Brunswick”
● North Brunswick Township High School (NBTHS) was one of 118 schools across the nation to receive the Support Music Merit Award by the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM), which honors schools that have demonstrated strong support for and commitment to music education.
● In addition, the entire North Brunswick Township District has been included as one of the 2016 Best Communities for Music Education Districts. The NAMM Foundation recognized 476 school districts across the United States as the best among the nation’s 13,515 school districts, recognizing outstanding efforts by teachers, administrators, parents, students and community leaders who work together to ensure access to music learning for all students as part of the school curriculum.
● Raider Robotix, the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team from North Brunswick Township High School, is heading to St. Louis to compete in the FRIST Robotics World Championship after qualifying at the regional district championship this past weekend. Raider Robotix, also known as FRC Team 25, competed against 59 other high school teams at the Mid-Atlantic Robotics (MAR) District Championship at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, finishing as a Finalist and coming away as the #3 ranked team within the MAR District.
● North Brunswick Township High School (NBTHS) is one of 425 school districts in the United States and Canada being honored by the College Board with placement on the 6th Annual AP (Advanced Placement) District Honor Roll. Reaching these goals indicates that a district is successfully identifying motivated academically prepared students who are ready for the opportunity of AP, and for increasing access to AP course work while simultaneously maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP exams.
● NBTHS Painted Words was honored by the Columbia Scholastic Press Association with the Silver Medalist Certificate for 2015-2016.
● NBTHS Teacher recognized by local radio station Magic 98.3, as a “Teacher Who Makes Magic” for her outstanding contributions to her students and school. Ms. Val Grollman, Art Teacher, was one of 22 selected educators.
● NBTHS Student was selected to receive the prestigious New Jersey Principal and Supervisors Association Award for Student Leadership. Neal Gaeta is one of twenty students selected thoughout New Jersey.
● NBTHS student, Jasimine Sampson, was selected to receive the New Jersey Governor’s Award in Arts Education for Outstanding Achievement in the Arts.
● NBTHS POSSibilities Plus Cafe has been selected as a 2016 National Promising Practices by Character.org